December 05, 2004

Can You Keep A Secret?

Now I know that I may walking a fine line here, but the United States Congress is set to publicly release a new report called "Cybersecurity For The Homeland" on Monday.
The report examines what the US government needs to do to improve it's overall tech infastructure in an effort to prevent tech terror attacks.
Well why wait until Monday, I managed to get my hands on a copy of the report and you can download it here and make your own decisions about the US Government's plans for IT security.
Oh and by the way if anyone from the FBI is reading this entry, I would like to point out that I am not a US citizen and therefore the only way I can be charged with leaking this report before publication would be to apply to the Canadian government for an extradition order.

3 Comments:

Blogger James Mason said...

If you do download and read this report I would love to get some opinions. Just post your thoughts here in the comments section.

James - www.closetgeek.net

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the report. Some of it does seem common sense. Problem is government is good at doing report's like this and then never implementing it.
I read somewhere that the Airforce switched to windows because they wanted a secure platform.
I used the most secure settings on the internet zone which caused problem's with some sites displaying.
I had a hardware firewall and updated antivirus and software to detect trojans in real-time and remove them and my windows system still got hit by a trojan.
I switched to linux. No viruses, no trojans, no spyware.
It's work's better than window's and all the software I use now is open-source. My recommendation for security: use linux.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree I use SUSE Linux on my laptop and love it - it's clean smooth runnign and secure - a dream OS

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home