November 30, 2004

I-Tunes North Almost Here

The Globe And Mail is reporting that despite some setbacks I-Tunes Canada will finally go live some time today.
I-Tunes is the music download service offered by Apple in The U.S. and Europe and looks to compete with both Napster.ca and Canada's original legal music download service PureTracks.com.
It was in October that Apple announced I-Tunes foray into the Great White North, more than a year after PureTracks.com started operations.
No word yet on the cost, but since both PureTracks and Napster offer .99 downloads, and the fact that I-Tunes charges $1 in the U.S. and Europe, it seems to make sense for Apple to stay within that price point.
Since launching I-Tunes in April 2003, Apple has sold more than 150 million downloads.
The best part of I-tunes going live is that hopefully Apple will finally add some Canadian artists to their download library.
I would love to see artists like Johnnie Degiuli and Liam Titcomb get some world wide exposure for their solo CD's, both of which have just been released and are awesome.
You can download I-Tunes here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home